Kermit (dated Apr 89) and /dev/tty01

Thomas David Rivers sastdr at sas.UUCP
Thu Feb 22 01:35:28 AEST 1990

   I recently acquired a version of kermit dated Apr 89, and
did a "make sys5r3" on an ISC 2.0.1 box.

   The make ran fine, and the resulting "wermit" worked
(after I set the mode of /usr/spool/uucp to 777 for the lock files.)
I can run it, do a set line /dev/tty01 and talk to my 2400 baud
modem with no problems.  However, when I do a binary receive,
after the file has been transferred, and the C-kermit> prompt
returns, the machine beeps and drops the line (i.e. the modem
hangs up.)

   Perhaps a related problem is happening in my UUCP connections,
frequently, when uucico tries to dial out (on /dev/tty01) it
complains about the line being dropped; but then succeeds on the
next try.  I can also demonstrate this with a cu; the first cu
bomps out with "Lost connection"; the next one works.

   Any ideas?

	- Thanx -
      - Dave Rivers -

--
|  Time sharing: The use of many | - Dave Rivers - SAS Institute, Cary NC |
|   people by the computer.      |   UUCP: ...!mcnc!rti!sas!sastdr (work) |