NCL 5525 AT Hard Disk Controller

Karl Lehenbauer karl at ficc.uu.net
Fri Feb 9 02:34:53 AEST 1990

In article <1124 at urbana.mcd.mot.com> jjohnson at urbana.mcd.mot.com (Jeff Johnson) writes:
>I have recently inherited an NCL 5525 HD controller.  It appears to be
>able to control 2 hard and 2 floppy drives.  Does anyone have any
>information about this controller or better yet the address and/or phone
>number to National Computer Ltd.?

I was unable to run Unix with an NCL disk controller.  I incurred a lot of
grief to find that out.  I would not touch an NCL controller with a twenty
meter cattle prod, but they may have fixed them subsequently -- it did
work OK from DOS.
--
-- uunet!ficc!karl "...as long as there is a Legion of super-Heroes,
   uunet!sugar!karl       all else can surely be made right."   -- Sensor Girl