WD1007V and Maxtor XT8760E

Larry Snyder larry at nstar.UUCP
Mon Feb 26 22:46:50 AEST 1990

In article <202 at van-bc.UUCP>, sl at van-bc.UUCP (Stuart Lynne) writes:

> It will format and work (very slooowly) at 53 or 54 spt. But is only usable
> at 52 (30kbps vs. 970kbps).

Is the 970kb/sec a calculated or actual bench?  If a bench, under DOS or
Xenix?

> On another note, speaking of backup's; is there any easy way to backup
> 600MB plus type drives from a Xenix system (inexpensive would also be nice,
> van-bc run's on donations). Currently using a 60MB cartridge drive.

I have a 60 megs streamer also - and am considering adding a SCSI tape
(Archive 2150 I believe) to the SCSI smart host adapter (Adaptec 1542).
In theory, I should be able to back up the SCSI drives using the SCSI tape
without the data even hitting the buss of the machine.

                uucp: larry at nstar -or- ...!iuvax!ndmath!nstar!larry
               4 inbound dialup high speed line public access system