getty replacement

Paul Gillingwater paul at actrix.co.nz
Sat Jan 6 17:13:36 AEST 1990

In article <259cff98:549comp.unix.i386 at tronsbox.UUCP> tron1 at tronsbox.UUCP (HIM) writes:

I have 386/ix 2.0.2 without the X5 update (yet).  I just tossed away
getty and uugetty, and replaced it with a neat program called modem,
which I found in the SIMTEL archives.  It was very easy to port to
ISC 386/ix, and has the following features:
1) full modem init. strings
2) speed sensing using modem's CONNECT string
3) co-operates with cu, ct and uucico locks
4) inactivity timer to force off users
5) automatic periodic ps-f for each user
6) log file of user logins

I won't post it, because I have to pay extra for e-mail.  Try your
local archive site.
Paul Gillingwater, paul at actrix.co.nz