DIRECT SERIAL CONNECTION: ISC 2.0.2

Daniel Morris dam at auc.UUCP
Mon Jan 8 13:07:31 AEST 1990

I've recently acquired ISC 386/ix 2.0.2 Unix Sys V and have been playing with
it for the last week or so. I'm having a problem establishing a direct
async connection between my 386's serial port and an async port on an
AT&T 3B15.

At present, I can "cu" and "uucp" files from the 3B15 to the 386
machine with no problem. My problem occurs when I attempt to "cu" from
my 386 machine to the 3B15. A connection is established, however I'm
getting "login:" prompts all over the 386 console and the link
is eventually disconnected. The lines on both systems are setup in
/etc/inittab, "respawning" /usr/lib/uucp/uugetty -r -t 60. I thought
the key might be in the /etc/gettydefs file but I've yet to have any
luck.

I've established similar connections between the 3B15 and 2 3B2's as
well as between the 3B15 and a Sun Workstation with no problem. Is
there anyone out there who's experienced a similar problem who can
point me in the right direction?? All responses are appreciated.

--
  DANIEL MORRIS, System Mgr.              UUCP:  {gatech, emory}!auc!dam
  "Wherever you go,