Sorry, but sendmail again

Conor P. Cahill cpcahil at virtech.uucp
Mon Jan 15 04:00:33 AEST 1990

In article <102 at gizzmo.UUCP>, mark at gizzmo.UUCP (mark hilliard) writes:

> GAD, I lost a primary sector on my disk yesterday and lost all of my
> archives.  After rebuilding my system, I discovered that my sendmail
> was back to the non operational mode.  Can someone PLEASE repost the
> modification to the sendmail configuration file that fixes this problem
> again?

In order to get sendmail to work on our system we did the following:

	1. replace /bin/rmail with a copy of (or a link to) /usr/lib/sendmail

	2. Modify sendmail.cf as follows:

34c34
< Dwunix
---
> Dwvirtech
260,261c260,261
< R$*<@$=U.UUX>$*		$#uux$@$2$:$1$3			known uucphost
< R$*<@$=U$+.UUX>$*	$#uux$@$2$:$1@$2$4		known uucphost
---
> R$*<@$=U.UUX>$*		$#smail$@$2$:$1$3			known uucphost
> R$*<@$=U$+.UUX>$*	$#smail$@$2$:$1@$2$4		known uucphost

We did this so long ago that I can't tell you what the changes on lines 260 and
261 did. I would have to RTFM again and I am sure you could do the same.