question about 386/ix's VPix -- the answer

Jose Reynaldo Setti hazela at watserv1.waterloo.edu
Fri Jan 19 01:45:22 AEST 1990

Thanks to all of you who sent me e-mail about this problem.
My friend reports that your solution works - just by adding a
line "shell = c:\command.com /e:512 /p" on the config.sys file
VP/ix has on the fictitious C: drive, the DOS process generated
by VP/ix has a variable environment of 512 bytes. My friend also
reports that by some obscure reason it's not possible to beef-up
the autoexec.bat file there besides a couple of additional lines,
but this is not a big problem.
Again, thanks for all of you who helped.

jrs.