Logging console messages to a printer.

John G. De Armond jgd at rsiatl.UUCP
Tue Jan 2 20:12:17 AEST 1990

This may be a RTFM question, in which case, a pointer to the correct
FM would be appreciated.

System:  ISC 2.0.2

How do I redirect console messages to a printer to be dedicated for
that purpose?  I want to log everything that goes to the console and yet
not loose keyboard control of the console for shutting the system down.
(I've seen the patches to init and shutdown; I want a bit more elegant
solution if possible.)  The printer is an ordinary epson matrix unit sitting
on /dev/lp0.  No other jobs are anticipated for that printer.

Thanks in advance,
John

--
John De Armond, WD4OQC                     | The Fano Factor -
Radiation Systems, Inc.     Atlanta, GA    | Where Theory meets Reality.