Problem with mail on 2.0.2

Jack F. Vogel jackv at turnkey.gryphon.COM
Fri Jan 12 03:26:11 AEST 1990

In article <1990Jan10.145604.4306 at virtech.uucp> cpcahil at virtech.uucp (Conor P. Cahill) writes:
>In article <11 at vidiot.UUCP>, brown at vidiot.UUCP (Vidiot) writes:
>> OK, what is wrong you may ask?  The second through fifth lines are messing the
>> mail reader, ie, it thinks it is from uucp (0000-uucp(0000)) and it loses
>> the subject line etc.
>
>We fixed this about a 8 months ago on our system.  I believe the solution was
>to replace /bin/rmail with a copy (or link if they are on the same file system)
>of /usr/lib/sendmail.

This doesn't sound like any solution I have heard of. What I did right from
the beginning (and I have never seen this problem) was to build and install
the 2.5 version of smail ( ISC's provided smail is some back-level thing that
doesn't even work! ). Install it according to the normal instructions for
a system that has sendmail, and everything works just fine. In this case
/bin/rmail is a link to /bin/smail.

Good Luck!

Jack F. Vogel			jackv at seas.ucla.edu
AIX Technical Support	              - or -
Locus Computing Corp.		jackv at ifs.umich.edu