Kernel debugger

Brian Litzinger brian at apt.UUCP
Wed Jan 3 18:39:12 AEST 1990

>From article <105 at touch.UUCP>, by john at touch.UUCP (John Weald):
> In article <2640001 at hpgnd.HP.COM> emmanuel at hpgnd.HP.COM (Emmanuel GAYET) writes:
>>
>> I am looking for a kernel debugger for Unix System V/386 . I have heard that
>>a Californian company named TRONIX INTERNATIONAL DATA CORP sales such a
>>product but I cannot find the address or Tel number of that company.
>>Has anybody heard of them ? What other tools do you use when debugging code
>>in the Unix 386 kernel?
>>
>> Emmanuel GAYET
>
> It runs on SCO Xenix 386, ISC 386/ix, Everex Enix and AT&T's SVR3.2.
> We were quoted a price of $475.00
> Tronix can be reached at 408-973-8559.

I have the Tronix debugger, and I like it except that you can't break
on IO port accesses.  Something I was hoping to do.

The MSDOS 386 debugger I have can break on IO port accesses so obviously
it can be done.

<>  Brian Litzinger @ APT Technology Inc., San Jose, CA
<>  UUCP:  {apple,sun,pyramid}!daver!apt!brian    brian at apt.UUCP
<>  VOICE: 408 370 9077      FAX: 408 370 9291