SCSI Tape Woes

Jerry D. Pierce jdp at PacBell.COM
Sun Jan 7 16:29:06 AEST 1990

OK, I've got a REAL problem here and would REALLY appreciate some
assistance...

Background:  A Wyse 3225-150T running Interactive UNIX 2.0.2
             150 Megabyte ESDI (Micropolis, I think) hard disk
             150 Megabyte SCSI (Archive QIC36) Tape
             SC402 Archive Tape Controller

	I install the system software, and kernal configuration
	software and run kconfig.  I select the high performance
	disk driver (hpdd) option.

	I tell the system that the hard disk controller is a ESDI,
	and that I have a SCSI Host Adaptor (with tape) also attached.
	The system wants to know if it's either an Future Domain or
	Adaptec controller.

	Since it's neither...

Questions:
	Do I have to junk the Archive SC402 controller and get either
	a Future Domain or Adaptec controller?

	Will an Adaptec run an Archive QIC36 150 megabyte tape unit?
	(And how much does one cost??)

	Will I have any other problems getting this configuration to
	work???    (And, am I missing something simple somewhere???)

Please, any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

   Jerry Pierce
   pacbell!pbhyf!jdp