Logitech mouse problem with X

Stan Voket asv at gaboon.UUCP
Tue Jan 16 13:28:55 AEST 1990

HELP!

I've just installed a new Logitech C-9 3 button serial mouse to
replace my old Microsoft 2 button mouse for X window use with 386ix.
I placed it on /dev/tty00, the default.  I get the following error
after typing: startx

Fatal server error: the Logitech mouse is not responding -- Check the
connection and try again.  If it still fails to respond, try
unplugging and replugging the mouse.

(I sure hate error messages like this...)

To make it work I must hit Del and type startx again while slowly
dragging the mouse.

I built servers with all of the baud rate options but only 1200 baud,
the slowest, will work at all.

Is the C-9 mouse not supported?  Any ideas on this subject will be
very much appreciated!