Exabyte 2.2 Gb Streamer for ISC

Paul D. Anderson pda at rsiatl.UUCP
Tue Jul 31 12:36:48 AEST 1990

I have been looking into getting an Exabyte 2.2 Gig streamer for
my system and one other.  (Disk drives are getting cheap and
it's getting tough to back them up on 60Mb DC600A cartridges!)

I'm running ISC 2.2 on a 16 bit bus with 20 Mhz/386/8 Mb main
memory.  Disk controller is Adaptec 1542 talking to a Newbury
4380S (300 meg scsi) and a Maxtor 8760S (650 meg scsi).  That's
basic hardware config.

Has anyone been using an Exabyte (or related drive)?  How fast is
it?  Does it require special utilities or will tar or cpio
drive it with No Problem through a specific device (and what device
is that?)  HELP!

Thanks!
-paul

--
* Paul Anderson * Crossroads Computing * (404) 565-0761 * emory!rsiatl!pda *
              "SCCS: The condom of promiscuous programmers"