Interesting ISC Support Policy

Support account support at ism780c.isc.com
Wed Jul 4 03:23:21 AEST 1990

The following will hopefully help to clear up any confusion regarding the
support policies of INTERACTIVE.

Let me first talk about support from the distribution arm of INTERACTIVE
located in Hollis, NH.  This office functions in the same manner as any
distributor selling INTERACTIVE products, which is to say they tailor all of
their programs, sales and support, to the reseller.  Although the individual
buyer or end-user of the software sometimes purchases the package through a
distributor (our Hollis office included), this is not their primary market.
End-users are generally referred back to a reseller in their area.  It is in
this light that our Hollis Distribution office offers 60 days of free
technical support for all new clients making their initial purchase of any
software product.  Clients purchasing a new version of software will be
granted an additional 30 days of warranty support from the New Hampshire
technical support staff.

INTERACTIVE's corporate headquarters in Santa Monica does not offer warranty
technical support at this time.  The INTERACTIVE UNIX product family carries
a 60 day limited warranty.  This warrants that the software be in operable
condition as described in the documentation provided, and that the diskette
upon which the software is furnished will be free of defects in material and
workmanship.  For warranty assistance, users should first contact the dealer
from which it was purchased, or contact the INTERACTIVE consumer relations
desk at 1 800 346 7111.  It is expected that all dealers selling INTERACTIVE
products will provide limited initial technical support for their customer
base.  If a consumer is having difficulty getting technical support from
their vendor, they should call the above phone number with the name of the
dealer, the phone number, and the contact there with whom they spoke.

With regard to technical support programs for the INTERACTIVE UNIX family of
products, we have recently brought to market RESPONSE/ix, a new, low cost
introductory level support program designed with the smaller reseller in
mind.  This program is modular, to allow the purchase of support for only the
software products a particular reseller intends to market.  This enables us
to keep the cost reasonable while providing the most comprehensive support
possible.  These support products are available through the same distribution
channels as the rest of our product family, and are priced at a suggested
retail from $645/yr for Basic UNIX to $1545/yr to include all extensions.
This support is delivered directly from the Technical Support staff in Santa
Monica, CA.

In addition to RESPONSE/ix, INTERACTIVE offers development level support to
applications developers, hardware vendors, and others requiring greater
levels of expertise for support assistance.  This is referred to as our
Partner support program and can be purchased directly from INTERACTIVE only.
Contact INTERACTIVE Sales and Marketing at the above number (1 800 346
7111) for additional information regarding our Partner support offering.

Mike Alcorn
Manager, Systems Products Support
INTERACTIVE Systems