FAS Driver on Jameco Boards

David William Vrona thssdwv at iitmax.IIT.EDU
Sat Jul 14 04:44:26 AEST 1990

I have two Jameco serial port boards.  Each can be configured as either COM1
and COM2 or COM3 and COM4.  They use sharable interrupts, i.e. COM1 and COM3
share, etc.  I have replaced the UARTs with the 16550AN chips.

I still cannot get FAS 2.06 work with these boards.  Nor can I get the X5
update from Interactive to work either.  The problem I have is that COM3 and
COM4 are dead, COM1 and COM2 work fine.  I have switched the UART's around, and
all reset the addresses, etc.

I thought I had read something on the net about cheap multiport boards with
sharable interrupts not working with X5.  What is the story here?  Any anyone
had success with the Jameco boards and FAS?  FAS is what I really want, but
would settle for having X5 work with COM3 and COM4.

Thanks.