VP/ix runtime error message

D'Arcy J.M. Cain darcy at druid.uucp
Fri Jul 13 21:52:42 AEST 1990

In article <136 at comtst.UUCP> mdv at comtst.UUCP (Mike Verstegen) writes:
>I have just run a DOS program which caused VP/ix to exit with a run time error.
>This is a non-commercial level program (yet) sent from a potential vendor for
>evaluation and is not guaranteed to be "well behaved" though it does run fine
>directly under DOS.
>
>The following message was repeated twice and then VP/ix exited
>	Runtime error 204 at 0C59:081A.

I get a vague feeling from looking at that error that it is not generated
by vpix or Unix.  Check with the vendor and see if their software or the
language they use has any reference to that error message.  You may find
that some small difference between your vpix and standard DOS is causing
the program to fail and generate that message itself.  This knowledge as
well as a proper description of the error may help you locate the problem.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain (darcy at druid)     |   Government:
D'Arcy Cain Consulting             |   Organized crime with an attitude