Super VGA X server

Jeffrey Heng cs__sjh at umt.UUCP
Mon Jul 2 08:41:12 AEST 1990

Hi,
	Can I set my X windows to use 256 colors instead of 16 colors? (We're
using 386ix X windows system running MOTIF).
	The Xconfig only gives a choice of 1, 2, or 4 bit planes only.  Will the
new release of X for 386ix support 8 bit planes for color?  Since we're using
a SuperVga card, we should be able to display 256 colors in 640x480 resolution.
Right now I keep running out of color allocation.  Can anyone recommend good
books on MOTIF programming ?  The only one I heard of is O'Reilly's Vol. 6 -
Motif programming, but it's yet to be released.

Thanks.

Jeffrey Heng