ISC 2.2 Installation Troubles

Conor P. Cahill cpcahil at virtech.uucp
Wed Jul 4 23:06:38 AEST 1990

In article <47 at maxx.UUCP> tyager at maxx.UUCP (Tom Yager) writes:
>Don't be too hard on ISC (and others) for failing to account for every flako
>timing or similar problem on every motherboard ever made. New Taiwanese and
>Korean companies are entering the market every day, it seems. No one could
>ever keep all those workarounds straight.

I agree with this almost 100%.  The problem lots of people are having is
that 386/ix 2.0.2 works fine on thier machine, but ISC UNIX 2.2 fails.
Or, the install fails, but if they install it on another machine then
take the disk back to the first machine it works fine.

ISC needs to look into this to find out what they did to break things and,
if possible, add some configuration option to disable the new option that
is breaking what used to be a usable system.

                                                Sterling, VA 22170