problems using archive bit under VP/ix

Harley Hahn harley at cs.utexas.edu
Thu Jun 28 02:19:38 AEST 1990

In article <2687f4c2-5e1.1comp.unix.i386-1 at tronsbox.xei.com> tron1 at tronsbox.xei.com (HIM) writes:

>Where are your file ?
>
>1) A DOS partition with VP/IX access....
>   This should work and there must be a bug.
>
>2) A UNIX file system with DOS files on it....
>   Hmm... I wonder if this would EVER work .. there is no archive bit
>   to SET on a UNIX file system (unless they arent telling me something
>   here at the labs).
>
>3) The "Emulated DOS HD" in a file thing...
>   It should work there as well.

My files are DOS files created under VP/ix.  That is, they reside
on a VP/ix maintained DOS file system (within the Unix tree).
This is the standard way of doing things and it is supposed
to work.  The archive bit is part of the DOS file system that VP/ix
simulates.  In fact, you can set the bit but it goes off
immediately.

I can't mount a DOS file system because my DOS partition are 4.0
which are not supported by VP/ix.