Interesting ISC Support Policy

brando at uicsl.csl.uiuc.edu brando at uicsl.csl.uiuc.edu
Thu Jun 28 00:13:00 AEST 1990

An additional note:

If you are a reseller and buy multiple packages at the beginning and then
sell them later to others, the support from Interactive has also expired.
I originally had ISC 2.0 running on an RLL system, and sold one (about 8 mos.)
later to a gentleman who was using a SCSI-based system. Well, of course I
hadn't forseen these problems in the other systems I sold, but since I
purchased them 8 mos. ago, it was kind of a sorry Charlie type deal.

Anyway, I called the New Hampshire office, and the Tech Support guys there
were more than willing to help me. Thank God! Anyway, I think ISC had some
problems with the on-line databases that didn't qualify those resellers and
dealers to have tech. support. And, they changed their policy. But, I believe,
now even dealers much purchase the add-on support package after 60 days of
tech support.

P.S.  Have you seen the cost of these "support" packages? They charge you
      support for EACH module!!!! In many cases this is the cost of the
      entire package!!!

Brando

|  Brandon Brown                     | Internet: brando at uicsl.csl.uiuc.edu    |
|  Coordinated Science Laboratory    | UUCP:	 uiucuxc!addamax!brando!brown |
|  University of Illinois            | CompuServe: 73040,447                  |
|  Urbana, IL  61801                 | GEnie:    macbrando                    |