nroff

Vidiot brown at vidiot.UUCP
Fri Jun 1 12:31:07 AEST 1990

In article <14 at astph.UUCP> joe at astph.UUCP (Joe Broniszewski) writes:
<From time to time I get sources from the net and compile them on
<my machine.  Many times these sources send documemtation in
<a form that nroff can understand.  I try to print out these
<documents with the switchs -man, -ms, etc. that came with
<nroff, but they don't work on all documents.  I don't understand
<nroff well enough to figure out a solution to this problem.  Is
<there a standard filter to pass some of these manual pages through?
<Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Many documents do not translate well under nroff.  They really want to
be printed like books, using troff (or a form there-of).  Using troff
will allow for typeset quality documents.
--
      harvard\     att!nicmad\        spool.cs.wisc.edu!astroatc!vidiot!brown
Vidiot  ucbvax!uwvax..........!astroatc!vidiot!brown