Adaptec 1542A tuning of 386/ix 2.2 kernel

Larry Snyder larry at nstar.UUCP
Thu Jun 14 09:12:45 AEST 1990

I recently upgraded from 386/ix 2.02 to 2.2 and am wondering
what I can do to get the best throughput out of my 1542/SCSI
drive/tape system..

The documentation mentions tuning space.c, but in /usr/include/sys/aha1540.h
are some parameters like:

#define AHA_BUSON       5
#define AHA_BUSOFF      9
#define AHA_DMASPEED    1
#define AHA_NUM_MBOX    8
#define AHA_RES_MBOX    2

the only thing that I have changed is the AHA_DMASPEED from the default
of 5 MB (0) to 6.7 (1) - and was wondering if I should try changing some
of these other values and jumpering on the controller...

--
 Larry Snyder, Northern Star Communications, Notre Dame, IN
     uucp: iuvax!ndmath!nstar!larry  -or-  larry at nstar