Did you know SCO ODT is SINGLE USER ONLY??

Jim Morris morris at dms.UUCP
Tue Jun 12 08:24:05 AEST 1990

Well the subject says it:
Did you  know that SCO's Open Desktop product is single user only??

I didn't until I bought it and read the license.

What I would like to know is if this is widely known, is anyone else surprised.

Am I dense or did I just miss the bit about 1 login only in all the ODT hype.

A single user unix system is next to useless to me, so I sent ODT back and
ordered ESIX with NFS instead. ( The multi-user version ).

Now I have no problem with SCO selling a single user unix system, other people
do too. What I object to is not being told up front about it.

If I just missed the "Single User" paragraph in the sales blurb I apologise
to SCO, but everyone here who was in on the purchase decision also missed it!

	A somewhat dismayed ex-SCO user.

--
Jim Morris.         {motcsd|weitek}!dms!morris or morris at dms.UUCP
Voice	(408) 434-3798