386/ix TCP/IP and mail problems

brad seller bseller at vpnet.chi.il.us
Sun Jun 3 15:55:04 AEST 1990

I apologize for reposting this question, but I left for an unexpected 2
month trip the day after I posted this the first time, and probably missed
any of the answers.

I have recently installed TCP/IP under 386/ix, and all is working well,
except any incoming (and I believe outgoing as well) mail is either getting
lost or trashed somewhere.  I had absolutely no mail problems until AFTER
installing the TCP/IP package.  I noticed a new version of sendmail being
installed with TCP/IP, but am not sure if this is the problem.  I seem to
remember some traffic about this a long time ago, but did nit.  Could
somebody explain this problem and, more importantly, how to fix it (I do not
want to lose TCP/IP, although that would probably be a quick fix?)

Thanks in advance

Brad Seller
Systemhouse
uunet!bseller!brad