Unix on a T5200?

Gary Heston gary at sci34hub.UUCP
Fri Jun 15 06:55:33 AEST 1990

In article <43896 at ism780c.isc.com> jeff at ism780c.UUCP (Jeff Copeland) writes:
>In article <647 at sci34hub.UUCP> gary at sci34hub.sci.com (that's me!) wrote:
>>I wouldn't. You'll need another hard drive. ODT + {Xenix Unix} requires
>>100MB just to hold it; user filesystems are extra.
>
>Actually, I'm running 386/ix + X11 on my desktop Compaq:  even with my
>voluminous user files, everything fits comfortably on a 100meg disk.
>ODT may be considerably more of a resource hog than X.

I went and ask the evaluator; SCO UNIX and the SINGLE USER version of
ODT takes an even 100MB unless you leave out parts of ODT.

I have no idea how much additional space, if any, the multi-user
version of ODT would take.

If you think ODT will be a big success, buy stock in drive and
memory manufacturers.... :-)

We run quite a few 386/ix machines with 68MB drives, multiple
users, etc. and have very few space problems. Usually VP/ix eats
the most space for us.

--
    Gary Heston     { uunet!sci34hub!gary  }    System Mismanager
   SCI Technology, Inc.  OEM Products Department  (i.e., computers)