Warm boot problem

WA7KGX caf at omen.UUCP
Fri Jun 29 06:30:30 AEST 1990

In article <201 at lychee.cs.utexas.edu> paul at cs.utexas.edu (Supoj Sutanthavibul) writes:
:I am having a warm boot prolbem with my ESIX 386 system.
:My configuration is the followings:
:
:	- Micronics 386-33 with 64KB 2-way associative cache
:	- 8MB memory
:	- AHA1542A SCIS host adapter
:	- Fujitsu M2249SA 330 MB drive
:	- Paradise Professional VGA

I have the first three items (16MB) and CDC WREN III drive.
Am using a Hercules clone and Microfield T8 for display.

I cannot boot the system (even DOS) with a Orchid Pro Designer Plus 16 bit
512k board, the ISA bus ain't big enough for the 1542A and the Orchid.
Same applied to the tape drive (originally Everex, now Archive).

Without the Orchid VGA the system is rock solid running SCO Unix at full
speed, even 11 mHz i/o bus speed.  With the Orchid the system was flakey
at best.  An old Intel motherboard and ESDI controller don't seem to mind
the Orchid.

Try the system without the VGA and see what happens.  Your mileage may
vary.