Can a NCR PC916 handle first party DMA (SCSI problems) ?

0000-Admin0000 root at maxed
Thu Jun 14 00:40:17 AEST 1990

In article <656 at dr.uucp> soc at dr.uucp (Steinar O. Cook) writes:
>I'm having a lot of trouble with running Adaptech SCSI controlers
>on my NCR PC916 with ISC 2.0.2. The errors indicates that the machine
>does not support "firs party DMA" whatever that might be. Can anyone
>confirm if the NCR PC916 supports "first party DMA" ?

You can run the onboard DMA test: Boot up under DOS and run debug
with the command at debug's - prompt: g c800:9 or g dc00:9 or whatever
you have the ROM address set to, and the DMA test will run.

--
 Ed Whittemore 		uunet!maxed!ed
 American Micro Group 		201 944 3293