CD-ROM and 386-unix ?

co-op cep at cci632.UUCP
Mon Jun 11 23:39:28 AEST 1990

I am considering purchasing a CD-ROM player for my computer, with the
ham-radio callsign database.  Before I do this, I want to know that
the thing will work under Unix (it's meant for DOS).  Has anybody
any experience with this contraption?  Specifically, does it look
(to the kernal) enough like a floppy or hard drive that I could
"mount" it from Unix as a dos partition, and access the database?

(Also: does anybody out there know how this callsign database gets
updated, and what it costs to get the new discs?)

Chris, N2JGW
cci632!cep at ritcsh.rit.edu (or Pnews, or whatever path works)