Cannot umount /usr filesystem (ALWAYS "busy")

Dan Rich drich at dialogic.com
Mon Jun 11 19:51:34 AEST 1990

I have run into this problem myself, and have gone through all of the
obvious solutions.  I have checked for processes with both fuser, and
ps.  But, I did have an idea late last night that I haven't had the
time to check on yet.

Is it possible that the accounting package still has files open in
/usr?  If so, does anyone know of a way to stop the accounting to
prevent this?  I assume I would just need to create a "kill" script in
/etc/rc0.d with the /usr/lib/acct/shutacct command (or just copy
/usr/lib/acct/shutacct to /etc/rc0.d/S??acct).  Any comments?

--
Dan Rich                    | drich at dialogic.com  || ...!uunet!dialogic!drich
UNIX Systems Administrator  | "Danger, you haven't seen the last of me!"