Cheep multiport solutions?

Clinton Jeffery cjeffery at cs.arizona.edu
Wed Jun 27 16:13:30 AEST 1990

>From article <178 at rick.att.com>, by dvc at rick.att.com (David A. Van Cleef):
> I am using a cheapo 4 port AT serial board (made by DFI) to get 3 serial
> ports on my '386-25.  I added 16550s to all the ports, and run the FAS 2.06
> async drivers...

Presumably I can find a comparable board (bless Computer Shopper's heart);
would some kind soul please e-mail me or post a summary of how to tell UNIX
about COM3/COM4; which files to enter their ports and irqs, etc?  I don't
see it in my sysadmin users guide or reference manual...

Eternal gratitude can be yours!
(Thanks, David, for pointing the right direction!  I tried to email you
this question, but of course the mail bounced...)

Clint Jeffery