Intel (Bell Tech) ICC card problems with ISC Unix

Jack F. Vogel jackv at turnkey.TCC.COM
Tue Jun 5 20:33:29 AEST 1990

In article <1314 at lemuria.MV.COM> darryl at lemuria.MV.COM (Darryl Wagoner) writes:
>I am trying to install a Intel ICC card into a Mitsubishi MP 386
>system.  The problem is that I can't open any of the ports.  The open
>returns with errno 19 (No such device).

Hmmm, I run an ICC on turnkey and other than its annoying propensity to "crash"
meaning that the onboard software dies and needs to be reset at least once a
day :-{, it works OK.

>The card is found at boot time and /etc/icc/dload is running.  I have
>tried it with the driver from Interactive and Intel both.

Well, I was going to suggest bus speed or something but if the kernel sees
the card at boot then that is not likely the problem. I did have to throttle
the bus when I upgraded to a 25Mhz system to get the thing to work.

>icc	Y	6	5	2	10	348	357	0	0

This looks OK.

>Any ideas on what the problem could be?

About the only other possiblity that comes to mind is to make sure that the
major of the ttyi*'s is right, meaning that it matches the number of the
driver in the kernel ( check /etc/conf/cf.d/mdevice). I have had things get
out of wack and the two not match at least once, although not with this
driver. Good luck.

Disclaimer: I speak for myself, not LCC.

Jack F. Vogel			jackv at locus.com
AIX370 Technical Support	       - or -
Locus Computing Corp.		jackv at turnkey.TCC.COM