Adding a 3.5 720K Disk to ISC 1.0.5

Joseph E Poplawski jpoplaws at telesci.UUCP
Fri Jun 1 13:30:34 AEST 1990

Hello.

I know for a fact that this has been discussed before in this newsgroup, but I
can not seem to find the information as I saved it.  What I need to know is
how to install and configure a 3.5" Floppy Drive into my 80386.  My controller
is setup to handle it or at least that is what I was told by the person who
built it, the controller has no name on it or no book.  The drive itself is
a Toshiba ND-3521 720K drive.  My system is running Interactive UNIX 1.0.5.
(Yes, I know the operating system is old, but it is still working fine and I
can not afford to upgrade!) The Drive is to be installed as the second drive
as I already have a 5.25 as the first drive.  I would also like to be able
to access this disk from DOS (if I don't boot up under UNIX) or Vpix as
necessary.

Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated.  I guess mailed responses
would be best since this has been discussed before.

Thanks in advance.

-Jo
--
...!princeton!pyrnj!telesci!fantasci!jep
jep at fantasci.uucp  jpoplaws at telesci.uucp
--
...!princeton!pyrnj!telesci!fantasci!jep
jep at fantasci.uucp  jpoplaws at telesci.uucp