Unix on a T5200?

Gary Heston gary at sci34hub.UUCP
Wed Jun 13 01:46:58 AEST 1990

In article <1990Jun11.085106.24029 at jarvis.csri.toronto.edu> sanand at hub.toronto.edu (Sanand Patel) writes:

>I run SCO XENIX on a t5200/100. 4 MB RAM, 100 MB disk, 2400 modem (on exp.
>slot) bus mouse. For my requirements XENIX was ok, but on retrospect I would
>recommend SCO "Open Desk Top". The XENIX I have is a "full" installation.

I wouldn't. You'll need another hard drive. ODT + {Xenix Unix} requires
100MB just to hold it; user filesystems are extra. ODT looks nice (it's
on a machine about 10' to my right), but it's a resource hog.

--
    Gary Heston     { uunet!sci34hub!gary  }    System Mismanager
   SCI Technology, Inc.  OEM Products Department  (i.e., computers)