FAS on SCO ODT ???

Vic Rice vlr at dynsim2.uucp
Fri Jun 15 12:09:58 AEST 1990

Has anybody had any success implementing the FAS async driver under
SCO ODT (UNIX 5.3.2).

I would really like to get this working, especially since SCO's
uugetty is broken. This forces me to muck around with enable/disable
since I have only one serial port for both incoming and outgoing
traffic.

I have an ALR PowerVEISA w/ 386 and standard 2 port com board
(Everex Magic I/O).

Does the SCO sio driver need to be disabled (SCO doesn't have an "asy"
driver as referenced in the docs) ? If so, how ?
It keeps telling me sio must be installed and active.
If I leave sio active and just do "make install" for the FAS stuff,
the kernel rebuilds OK. However on reboot, the system hangs during
the startup just before the info appears for the serial hardware
( you know- int vec, DMA, base addr, etc. ). Instead of displaying
the usual, an "F1" appears on the left of the screen and its
"deep sleep" time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
--
Dr. Victor L. Rice