Wangtek SCSI-Streamer under ISC 2.0.2

rick at tmiuv0.uucp rick at tmiuv0.uucp
Thu Jun 28 20:49:11 AEST 1990

In article <41 at eismond.UUCP>, oscar at eismond.UUCP (Carsten Tschach) writes:
> I tried to install the Wangtek 5150 ES  SCSI streamer (150 MB) under
> ISC 2.0.2 with the Adaptec AHA-1542B.
> I build a new kernel incuded the 'high performance disk-driver' with
> an SCSI-tape.
> .....But nothing happens.....
> The system still work's, but the streamer doesn't do anything !
>
> Okay, the manual says that only archiv viper streamers will work unter
> ISC, but I don't know why, I wonder what's so difficult to use a simple
> SCSI streamer  -  Isn't SCSI = SCSI ?
> Does anyone have a solution for me ?

Hmmm... I'm using a Wangtek 5150 on an Adaptec 1542A under ESIX and it works
just fine.  I'm not using the high performance disk stuff though.

Operation seems OK.  I log in as root, and do the following:

    cd /
    find . -print -cpio /dev/rmt/stape4

to do a full backup.  Works fine, lasts a long time.  Oh, my Wangtek is
set up as SCSI device 4.
--
 / [- O] Rick Stevens (All opinions are mine. Everyone ignores them anyway.) \