sco unix 3.2 - printing binary data query

John Beaudin john at beaudin.UUCP
Wed Jun 27 23:07:33 AEST 1990

When I submit a certain file containing non-textual data for printing
on a dot matrix printer, some operating system entity apparently filters
out some of the bytes. How can I get this file to /dev/lp0? It prints
just fine from dos (:-) Somebody locally suggested making an ioctl call,
but my experience with this is null, & I haven't found any obvious
manual references (that I recognize) to this.

I do have the development system, in case an alternate printing program
is required.

Thanks to all who consider this problem.

--
My .signature is awaiting apropriate display technology