Monthly posting on USENET manual set

Eric Scott Deese esd at liebert.uucp
Wed Jun 13 00:49:57 AEST 1990

In article <1990Jun11.221620.1398 at virtech.uucp> cpcahil at virtech.uucp (Conor P. Cahill) writes:
>This is the monthly posting announcing the availability of printed manuals
>for many of the software packages available via USENET.

  [ lot's of stuff deleted ]

>Please note that this pricing is only "cost-recovery" pricing.  We are not
>making any profit on the deal.
>
>--
>Conor P. Cahill            (703)430-9247        Virtual Technologies, Inc.,
>uunet!virtech!cpcahil                           46030 Manekin Plaza, Suite 160
>                                                Sterling, VA 22170

Well heck, why not make a (small) profit on it.  While you are at
it, why not just package up the binaries for 386/ix, ESIX, SCO UNIX
and SCO XENIX.  Try to include as much of the GNU stuff as
possible.  I'm currently working on the GNU stuff under SCO UNIX.
I don't have the time to bother making money from my effort, but
someone should be able to.  (This could almost be construed as an
offer to help Conner or Karl Denninger or any of you resellers
that has the resell ability to do this.)  I feel someone should
be making all of this stuff available in a convenient installable
form.  Of course, you don't want to charge too much, or I won't
be able to buy it from you ;-).  It's all just a thought.

Eric Deese (osu-cis!liebert!esd)