Monthly posting on USENET manual set

Conor P. Cahill cpcahil at virtech.uucp
Wed Jun 13 11:06:47 AEST 1990

In article <1990Jun12.144957.8879 at liebert.uucp> esd at liebert.UUCP (Eric Scott Deese) writes:
>Well heck, why not make a (small) profit on it.  While you are at
>it, why not just package up the binaries for 386/ix, ESIX, SCO UNIX
>and SCO XENIX.  Try to include as much of the GNU stuff as

I am in the progress of putting everything together for a *source* tape
that has the most recent source code for all of the programs in the manual
set.  However, the realistic costs for making and shipping a tape approach
$100 which is too much for most people.  (That is the price that I have the
X11R4+fixes available for and only a few people have asked for it).

I have not fully considered the problems with making a binary distribution,
but I don't think they are small.  Problems with configuration, maintenance
updates, testing, QA, returns, etc all come to mind.

                                                Sterling, VA 22170