Sendmail + Sites with names in uppercase = Argh!

Denis Fortin fortin at zap.UUCP
Fri Jun 1 15:08:08 AEST 1990

In article <1893 at zap.UUCP> I wrote:
>       I am running ix/386 v.2.0.2, and I have a couple of uucp
>neighbours which have UPPERCASE characters in their machine names.  This
>causes a problem with sendmail because on a "mail user at SITE.uucp", it
>turns the name into "site" and then complains that "site" is unknown.

The problem was solved with the help of a few helpful usenet folks: the
answer was simply to add a "h" in the flags entry (F=) of my "uux mailer"
in my sendmail.cf file to tell sendmail that this mailer did not want
case-folded host names.

Sigh.  't would have been much simpler if ix/386 came with documentation
for sendmail.cf!  Oh well.

Thanks to everyone who sent suggestions!
 Denis Fortin                             | fortin at zap.uucp
  DMR Group Inc.                          |  uunet!philmtl!zap!fortin
  The opinions expressed above are my own |  fortin%zap at larry.mcrcim.mcgill.edu