A tough one for vp/ix (grabbing devices)

Mark McWiggins mark at intek01.UUCP
Fri Jun 15 05:41:57 AEST 1990

I'm running AT&T Unix 386 3.2.1.  I have a 60 MB Everex tape drive that
I use to back up the disk, and an Ethernet card for talking TCP/IP over
the local network.

We also have a Novell network sending IPX packets over the same wire.  Right
now I have to shut down the Unix box and boot DOS to back up the Novell
network.

Could I use vp/ix to log into Novell while Unix is up?  Could it seize
the tape drive and Ethernet card in order to do the backup?  Is anyone else
doing this?

Thanks in advance for any insight.

--
Mark McWiggins			Integration Technologies, Inc. (Intek)
+1 206 455 9935			DISCLAIMER:  I could be wrong ...