pathalias uuhosts comp.mail.maps and SCO's MMDF ?

David S. Herron david at twg.com
Fri Jun 8 11:25:05 AEST 1990

In article <130 at stephsf.UUCP> wengland at stephsf.UUCP (Bill England) writes:
> I recieve comp.mail.maps and dutifly save them and produce databases
> etc.  But ... how can I make sco's mmdf use them ?  Should I break the
> output of pathalias down into domains and channels?  Is that desirable
> or even feasible ?

I wrote a program for this long long ago

it's in the comp.sources.unix archives and I called process-uucp
(or some such name)

SCO took it and included it with the MMDF they include in SCO/Unix
and changed its name to uuprocess.

They unfortunately (or so I hear) didn't fix a BSD-ism I had at
the time which is that I generated really long file names for
the output files.  I don't know what else they did or did not do
(I'm a bit surprised the USAGE: message is so short, I usually
don't write such short ones..)

It would be pretty trivial to take my code from comp.sources.unix
and fiddle with the file name generation stuff.  Or you can save
me a bit of time and do what I'm intending to do, which is ...

change the -d and -c options so they take their arguments as

	-d domain,file
	-c domain,file

and to add a "-o file" option..

Just make sure and pass back the changes to me (please??)

--
<- David Herron, an MMDF weenie, <david at twg.com>
<- Formerly: David Herron -- NonResident E-Mail Hack <david at ms.uky.edu>