Cannot umount /usr filesystem (ALWAYS "busy")

rick furniss rickf at pmafire.UUCP
Wed Jun 13 00:34:50 AEST 1990

Check for sticky bit programs, such as sh & csh them selfs.

 I,ve found that /usr as a separate file system always has these types of
problems .  It was designed to be used in the root filesystem originaly
like /dev/,/tmp /bin & /etc.  Always expected to be mounted.
 I,m not saying you cannot, or should not use it as a filesystem, but
you must allow for programs that are expected to be always available to the
kernel, or single user system, or that presume they are.

**** Standard Disclaimer ****

Rick Furniss