How: Remote print spooling (ISC 2.0.2 -> BDS 4.3)?

Jim McKim mckim at mildred.lerc.nasa.gov
Mon Jun 11 21:14:51 AEST 1990

There is a program called rlp which we use here. I am not sure where
it came from - it has no commentary concerning authorship or
copyrights.  If you can't find it, I might be able to provide a copy.
The rlp program installs as part of the sysV lp spooler and makes
connections to the remote printer socket (515) of designated servers.
Access is, of course, via the sysV lp command.  Different remote
printers are accessed as different destinations in sysV lp (they
have to be created with lpadmin, a simple process).

The program works well, the only missing feature is the lack of banners
with the vanilla rlp.  It is pretty easy to add them.