Interesting ISC Support Policy

kevin p burke kevin at litle.litle.com
Wed Jun 27 02:01:43 AEST 1990

In article <106 at thor> scjones at thor (Larry Jones) writes:
>A while back, my group purchased four copies of 386/ix to replace
>the orphaned Microport and Bell Technologies systems we had been
>using.  In the process of trying to install 386/ix, I ran into
>some problems and called Interactive to help resolve them.  The
>person I talked to informed me that ISC support policy is 60 days
>from the date of your company's first purchase.  Since someone
>had purchased something from them a year ago, we were not
>entitled to any support without buying a support contract.  The
>gentleman did offer to help me out just this once, but emphasized
>that we should not expect any additional help.
>
>It seems to me that the only reasonable policy is to provide
>installation support for each and every purchase.  Am I the only
>one that feels this way?

NO!...when we bought a copy of the new 2.2 and I needed some support I got
the same line...we bought 2.0.2 a year ago and now we have to buy support
for something bought a couple of weeks ago?  Interactive...get a clue...
I'm just glad that they didn't incorporate Kodak's purchases into it...
"Well I'm sorry, but you bought a roll of kodak film 20 years ago..."
sheesh!

ok...so I'm being a bit extreme...but what ever happened to supporting what
you sell? and saying you cannot support something because the customer bought
a product from you x months ago even if the product they need support on they
bought yesterday *IS* just a bit moronic.

moral: I like ICS's product...but their support policy is enough to make me
    seriously consider NOT recommending them.

>----
>Larry Jones                         UUCP: uunet!sdrc!scjones
>SDRC                                      scjones at SDRC.UU.NET
>2000 Eastman Dr.                    BIX:  ltl
>Milford, OH  45150-2789             AT&T: (513) 576-2070
>"This probably just goes to show something, but I sure don't know what."
>-Calvin

-k

disklaymur: I'm not supposed to have my own opinion, but nonetheless I'm
    violating corporate (or is that american) policy and having an opinion
    that does not necessarily reflect that of my employers or my government.

Kevin P. Burke, Corporate Mystic, Litle & Co. | POB C26, Hanover, NH 03755-6000
+1 603 643 5558 (home)       +1 603 643 1834 (off.)       +1 603 643 6723 (fax)
   If you feel that you are indispensable, put your finger into a glass of
   water. Withdraw it, and note the hole that you have left.