ESIX manual set vs. bookstore UNIX V/386 manuals?

rick at tmiuv0.uucp rick at tmiuv0.uucp
Thu Jun 28 20:40:38 AEST 1990

In article <267F6CE6.5DBE at telly.on.ca>, evan at telly.on.ca (Evan Leibovitch) writes:
> Note that your idea of what contitutes "the AT&T docs" may differ from
> mine. Does it include docs for FMLI or writing device drivers? Not
> everyone wants everything, and certainly not all of it is included with
> Interactive or SCO.

I have the full ESIX doc set.  Very complete (as far as I can see, but I'm
not a Unix guru <yet!>).  There may be holes in it, but as I've never seen
what a "true" Unix gives you, I'm not going to press the issue.

> As an ESIX reseller, my company merely bundles ESIX with the
> appropriate P-H and/or Nutshell books. Works well, and the customers are
> happy. Many didn't even know the O'Reilly books existed before we sold
> them, and the response has been great.

I have to agree about the O'Reilly books.  I only have two (the Usenet ones,
natch!), but I like them a whole bunch.  Right now, I'm trying to figure out
which other Nutshell books to get.  (Lessee, what's the credit limit on my
MasterCard?......)
--
 / [- O] Rick Stevens (All opinions are mine. Everyone ignores them anyway.) \