Shared libraries in SCO UNIX

Wm E. Davidsen Jr davidsen at sixhub.UUCP
Mon Jun 4 11:45:01 AEST 1990

In article <640 at mecky.UUCP> walter at mecky.UUCP (Walter Mecky) writes:

| My question (to SCO and all who know): Why doesn't SCO-UNIX use the
| shared libraries for their commands ?

  Have they recompiled the command for the 386? Xenix/386 has a lot of
286 (and 8086) executables which don't used shared libraries. I can't
check tonigt, both our ODT systems are down (planned outage, not crash)
and I don't care enough to drive to work on a Sunday noght.
--
bill davidsen - davidsen at sixhub.uucp (uunet!crdgw1!sixhub!davidsen)
    sysop *IX BBS and Public Access UNIX