passwd -d, dialups and anonymous UUCP. ==> SCO-UNIX

Walter Mecky walter at mecky.UUCP
Wed Jun 27 08:54:09 AEST 1990

In article <1990Jun22.133240.14458 at ddsw1.MCS.COM> karl at ddsw1.MCS.COM (Karl Denninger) writes:
+ Change /etc/default login as follows:
+
+ TIMEZONE=CST6CDT
+ HZ=100
+ ULIMIT=32000
+ #CONSOLE=/dev/console
+ #PASSREQ=YES
+ ALTSHELL=YES
+
+ The first commented-out line allows root logins from anywhere (if you have
+ the password), the second makes "no password" accounts available.
+
+ Then do a "passwd -d" on the accounts you don't want passwords for.
+
+ All done!

Sorry, not in SCO-UNIX. When I login next, I'm asked for a password.
The only (obscure) thing possible with SCO-UNIX is a password of length
zero, e.m. you only have to press <enter> when you are asked for the
password.

My question: If I do _not_ want C2 but an account without password in
SCO-UNIX, how can I get this ?
--
Walter Mecky