How to make the tape streamer stream

Peter Frenning pfrennin at altos86.Altos.COM
Sat Jun 9 02:38:01 AEST 1990

I can substantiate Martins findings. Last night I did some experimenting of
my own (I mailed results directly to Conner instead of posting), I also tried
to up the buffer size from 10240 to 102400, and saw to my surprise that
instead of decreasing the elapsed time went up from 9:50 to about 12:30 secs.
(~~50 Mb used of 285 Mb).

Given the hints in Martins article, I'll experiment some more over the week-end.
If anything interesting comes up I'll post.