xedit Problem

Jerome_V_Vollborn at cup.portal.com Jerome_V_Vollborn at cup.portal.com
Tue Jun 12 13:47:38 AEST 1990

	I have just installed Interactive Version 2.2 (this is a new
site) and am having a problem with xedit.  When I try to load a large
C file (>1500 lines; I didn't write it, I simply have to maintain it)
xedit exits and puts up the message "Memory fault".  UNIX does not
panic so I don't think this is a real memory error, but I didn't see
a parameter associated with file size.  Does anyone have an idea what
is happening?  Some gorey details follow.

	The command "ls -l /usr/bin/X11/xedit" gives the following:

		-rwxr-xr-x   1 bin     bin      243286  Oct 2 1989

	The command "sum /usr/bin/X11/xedit" give the following:

		58692 476 xedit

	The hardware is an Altech 9340 (25 MHz 386 with cashe) with
8 Mbyte of memory, 140 Mbyte disk, 5.25" 1.2 Mbyte floppy, 3.5" 1.4
Mbyte floppy, serial/parallel card, Logitech bus track ball, and a
Western Digital Ethernet card.  The package from Interactive is the
Workstation Developer Kit.  If you have any questions or need more
information to help, please feel free to send email to one of the
addresses listed below.

				Thanks in advance,

				Jerome Vollborn

				( uunet!lci386!jerome or