windowing debugger

Bob Posert bob%psitech at uunet.uu.net
Wed Jun 6 07:13:14 AEST 1990

I'm looking for a windowing source level debugger for Dell(ISC) Unix
on the i386, based on the X window system; something like turbo C's
integrated debugger or sun's dbxtool.

So far, I've been able to locate dbXtra from HCR Corporation, but
they won't send out evaluation copies.  (I can BUY a DEMO. Hmph!)

Also, there are sources for xdbx and dbx on uunet.  But, porting
would be an effort:
	xdbx is written for X11R3.
		Has anyone ported it to R4?  Is this even
		an issue?

	dbx needs to know lots of details about the activation
	stack frame, 386 opcodes, etc.  Has anyone done this for
	ISC Unix?

Any information about the above, or any other windowing debuggers,
would be greatly appreciated.

Post replies, or email and I'll post a summary.

Thanks in advance,
Bob
--
...!uunet!psitech!bob  <- should work   might work -> bob%psitech at uunet.uu.net